Monday, April 15, 2019

Tasting - Cobetckoe Πpemиуm

Name: Cobetckoe Πpemиуm
Variety: Sparkling Semi-Sweet Red
Region: N/A
Country: Moldova
Year: N/A
Price: $9.95

Shop review: "Sweet red sparkling wine from Moldova (former Soviet Union) Splendid dark ruby color with rich aromas of blackberry, nicely balanced and full of flavors. Goes well with soft cheeses, ice cream and pudding, as well as fresh fruits and berries."

My review: Eh... it's definitely something. The aromas and flavors of this wine are polar opposites. Smells of green peppers and charred wood preclude a taste that is fairly fruity, sweet, and smooth. Any wine with that green pepper smell makes me think it should be paired with food - although I enjoy eating them, I don't want to drink them! I can't believe the review suggests drinking this with ice cream... I wouldn't drink this again.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment