Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tasting - Quercia al Poggio

Name: Quercia al Poggio Chianti Classico
Variety: Chianti Classico - 80% Sangiovese, 20% Ciliegiolo, Canaiolo and Colorino
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $30

i-wine review: 90 - "Showing notes of sandalwood, espresso and red berries on the nose, this wine has a lovely silky attack and an attractive ferrous quality complementing red plum and earth notes. It has excellent length and is ready to drink now. A blend of 80% Sangiovese, 20% Ciliegiolo, Canaiolo and Colorino aged 24 months in 500L oak tonneau. Produced in the Monsanto - Barberino Val d’Elsa zone with limestone and clay soil at about 400m altitude. The 15 ha vineyard is organically farmed."

My review: This wine is the definition of too much. It smells exactly like straight liquor. Light bodied, VERY dry with extreme tannins. I couldn't even pick up any flavors because the dryness was so overwhelming. It was like all the moisture was sucked out of my mouth. Basically like those straws they use at the orthodontist when you're drooling everywhere. I don't want a wine that reminds me of the trauma of having braces. Excuse me while I drink a gallon of water.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment