Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tasting - Lo-Fi

Name: Lo-Fi Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Santa Barbara
Country: California, U.S.
Year: 2015
Price: $28

Shop review: "The philosophy behind Lo-Fi (just like music production) isn’t to create wine that is too polished or perfect, but rather that which embraces a more natural, raw expression. For winemakers Michael Roth and Craig Winchester, less is more: neutral barrels, native yeasts, little to no sulfur additions, and no acid adjustments. The Chardonnay is aged in 6-year old barrels, then racked and matured in concrete eggs for 6 months. The wine has a leesy texture and crisp snappiness, accompanied by flavors of ripe peach, banana, and white flowers."

My review: This wine is not like other California Chardonnays I've had... I smell the typical notes of pear, but very faintly. It mostly just smells like cat pee. Medium body and tannins, acidic and fairly dry. I couldn't taste any of the oaky, buttery flavors that I normally enjoy in a Chardonnay, which sucked. Overall I'd say this wine was alright, but there are better ones out there and I don't think it's worth the price.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment