Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tasting - Eikeboom

Name: Eikeboom Pinotage
Variety: Pinotage
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: $17


88- Wine & Spirits review: "This dark-colored 2015 possesses cranberry and cherry richness intermixed with some spice box, earth and herbs. It is fresh, medium-bodied and could be served chilled if readers desire, given its Beaujolais-like weight and texture."

My review: This wine was an interesting one. Although it is definitely a dry red, its smell made me think it would be sweeter. Notes of red berries, particularly cherry, were prominent, and I caught some licorice as well. That's all the complexities I could pick up, being perpetually congested as we roll into spring and then back into second winter. Not my least favorite red, but not the best.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment