Sunday, February 17, 2019

Tasting - Sheep Thrills Pinot Grigio

Name: Sheep Thrills Pinot Grigio Terre Siciliane IGT
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2018
Price: $14.88

fourthgenerationfarmgirl.com review: "This wine is clear, pale, lemon.  It has a clean nose with light intensity. This youthful wine is fragrant with hints of lemon zest, green apple, and chamomile. On the palate, it’s dry with medium minus acidity, medium alcohol, and medium body.  It’s flavor intensity is medium and features lots of citrus notes and green apple.  This is a simple, balanced wine with a relatively short finish.  Drink now for best results as it’s not suitable for aging.  This refreshingly, light Pinot Grigio would be perfect on a sunny afternoon."

My review: I was looking for a white wine at Kroger and naturally I was drawn to this one, mainly - sorry Boyer - because of the label. But the actual wine was interesting! The aroma contained hints of citrus, apple, and nutty (almost walnut?) notes. The taste had pear and pineapple tones, leaving a tart apple aftertaste (and a burning throat, at least in my case.) Crisp, acidic wine that lives up to its name if you get it on sale. I prefer my drinking wines pretty sweet, so I think this would be a good aperitif or maybe even a palate-cleanser? However, the flavor worsened each day after I opened it (I got to day 2) so I'm gonna agree with the review and recommend drinking it soon after opening unless you enjoy the taste of straight acid. But try not to down the wool thing by yourself! (I'm sorry.)

I tasted this wine without food.
I chilled this wine for ~1 day before trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment