Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tasting - Jekel

Name: Jekel Monterey Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Monterey, California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $30

Shop review: "This medium weight Pinot Noir is rich with layers of bing cherries, rosehips, and lavender herbs. Its opulent richness will exceed your expectations--lingering just a bit until an inevitable smile appears."

My review: I know most red wines are dry wines, but with this pinot noir you could smell the dryness. My nose was assaulted by tannins. It was as overwhelming in the taste as it was in the smell. Medium-bodied, but overall just tart/sour. You know that white powder they put on Sour Skittles? It reminds me of that. Without the Skittles. I wouldn't try this again.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment