Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tasting - Fratelli

Name: Fratelli Blaze
Variety: Sparkling Cabernet Sauvignon/Pinot Noir
Region: Crimean Peninsula
Country: Ukraine
Year: N/A
Price: $15

85 - Wine Enthusiast review: "Sweet blackberry and blueberry notes are deeply concentrated on the nose and palate of this Ukranian semisweet red sparkler. Softly petillant, it’s unabashedly fun and fruity, and an enjoyable choice for casual entertaining."

My review: Out of all the wines I tasted this week, this one was my favorite! Rose and strawberry tones meet to create a sweet wine that's also smooth, with a hint of fizz to keep things interesting. This is a drink I would definitely enjoy on its own! Personally I think the bottle and color make this perfect for Valentine's Day. Especially if you want to keep the passion in your relationship ablaze ha ha... okay roll your eyes but you don't know how many teddy bears holding hearts I've had to donate to Goodwill after they sat in my closet for months. Buy the wine.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment