Sunday, February 24, 2019

Tasting - William Fevre La Mision

Name: William Fevre La Mision Reserva Epecial
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Maipo Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2016
Price: $22

Wine Enthusiast review: 82 points (Acceptable) - "White-flower aromas carry the nose and lead to a simple palate of yeasty flavors that that are low on fruit intensity."

My review: Placing labels on the flavors of this wine proved to be challenging for me. I was unable to pick up its fruity aromas - to me, it expresses hints of cedar and a unique smokiness on the nose and palate, reminiscent of a campfire. Initially I described its flavor as "robust," but in true wine-linguist terms I'd say medium-bodied and complex (at least for me). I think a good alternative name for this would be "If You Could Drink a Tree." Which, if you're into that sort of thing great, but personally I wouldn't buy this for my own collection. However I'm glad I was able to try something so different and far-off from the wines I've been tasting!

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment