Sunday, February 24, 2019

Tasting - Vigna Lenuzza

Name: Vigna Lenuzza Friuli Colli Orientali Refosco
Variety: Refosco
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Shop review: "Classic varietal notes of wild herbs, roasted coffee beans, leather and spices deep ruby hues while on the palate sweet spiced notes of cinnamon and cardamom, held together with lively acidity and graceful tannins."

My review: And I thought the previous wine was outside of my comfort zone! Spicy and woody tannins with notes of pepper, bacon or beef jerky (THAT was shocking!), burning wood, and a hint of a leather boot. This dry red was like a smoked BBQ in a bottle. You know those "man candles" (mandles...?) that smell like footballs, cut grass, bacon, etc.? I feel like this is the wine version of that. It's weird. Which is why, even though it wasn't my favorite, I recommend trying it!

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment