Sunday, March 10, 2019

Tasting - Antonello Cassara

Name: Antonello Cassara Trefilari Catarrato
Variety: Catarrato
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2016
Price: $15

Shop review: "Aromas of mature orchard fruit, spring blossom and Herbs de Provence lead the nose. On the tangy palate, a hint of bay leaf accents honeydew melon and citrus. A saline note signals the close."

My review: I like it! My experience was different from what the shop review says, though, which I will continue to read into way too much. While I didn't pick up any floral or fruity notes at first, to me this wine has a pleasant bouquet of walnuts, butter, and caramel. The acidic aroma is quite sharp on the nose. This crisp white also has a nice tart, dry finish. This is a wine I and my possibly unrefined palate could easily enjoy by itself.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment