Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tasting - Mark West

Name: Mark West Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Acampo
Country: California, United States
Year: 2014
Price: ~$10

firstpourwine.com review: "Mark West Pinot Noir is very subtle, and very inoffensive.  There’s a lot of good elements of fruit and spice here.  The mouthfeel is very well balanced, and the personality is easy going.  That said, Mark West isn’t super complicated or overly interesting, but definitely good value for the money."

My review: Just okay. Soft-spoken and medium-bodied, with fruity and woodsy flavors. Contains notes of cherries, strawberry jam, and oak. I almost smelled bacon, which I stated in front of my mom who doesn't drink and she looked at me like I was crazy; she claims it smells like cherry cough syrup. Dry finish with high acidity. Overall nice flavors, but I don't like the acidity or the fact that it burns going down. Something seems off... (It's okay Mark, 2014 was a bad year for me too.) This wine was gifted to my dad a couple years ago, and it got great reviews online in the past, so I think it's just starting to go bad. I'd love to try a different vintage from this brand and taste the difference!

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment