Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tasting - Linganore Spiced Apple

Name: Linganore Spiced Apple
Variety: Apple Wine
Region: Mount Airy
Country: Maryland, United States
Year: N/A
Price: $13.76

Winery review:  "The perfect fireside companion to warm up on a chilly evening. Served warm, this wine will fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked apple pie."

My review: This wine is exactly what you'd expect: tastes like an apple pie, even though I tried it chilled. A little fizzy with notes of cinnamon, cloves, and maybe a hint of prunes in there as well. The first thing that came to mind was when I went to Disney World as a kid, and during a scene of a 4-D show they sprayed something that made the theater smell like artificial pie... a more relatable example would probably be a pie-scented candle. The winemakers suggest serving it warm, which I'd love to try on a cool Autumn day. Not bad, but I still prefer non-alcoholic apple cider.

I tasted this wine without food (before dinner).

No comments:

Post a Comment