Sunday, March 10, 2019

Tasting - Declan's

Name: Declan's Irish Cream
Variety: Irish cream wine cocktail
Region: Lewiston
Country: Maine, United States
Year: N/A
Price: $20

Shop review:  "For a true taste of Ireland without the travel, look no further than Declan's Irish Cream Wine Cocktail. Inspired by the bold yet tranquil beauty of the Emerald Isle, its rich flavors evoke images of the lush Irish countryside. Delightfully smooth and indulgently sweet, Declan's is easy to enjoy anywhere and anytime. Whether you take it in coffee or by itself, keep a bottle on your shelf."

My review: An actual true taste of Ireland would be more like a swig of Jameson, but I'm not that in-touch with my Irish roots and this was pretty good! This wine cocktail has a decadent, creamy texture. Bold coffee and milk chocolate flavors, with a splash of vanilla... so basically, a mocha with Bailey's. I've never had one, but a couple friends compared it to an Irish car bomb. It's so rich that I don't know if I could drink a whole glass of it without feeling sick, but overall nice flavor that I'd enjoy a few sips of. Consider making this an unusual addition to your Saint Patrick's Day party!

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment