Saturday, March 2, 2019

Tasting - Four Sisters

Name: Four Sisters Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc/Semillion
Region: Victoria
Country: Australia
Year: 2013
Price: $9

Shop review: "Vibrant passionfruit, gooseberry and lemon citrus flavours shine through on the nose and palate with a fresh, crisp finish. A fantastic match with fresh shellfish, sushi or smoked salmon."

My review: No. I'd hate to know what these sisters have been up to... this wine was awful. Concentrated acidic notes of gasoline, rubber, and dare I say cat pee on the nose. It has an intense, dry finish on the palate. I'd say crisp, but that has too much of a positive connotation. Definitely not a smooth ride. I'm guessing this is one of those wines that you're supposed to enjoy with a meal, but even so I don't know if I'd be able to get over that initial whiff. Tastes like the only thing you should be pouring it into is the gas tank of your car.

I hated tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment