Friday, March 29, 2019

Tasting - Northern Sky

Name: Northern Sky Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma Valley
Country: California, United States
Year: 2015
Price: $6.99

Winery review: "Beautifully balanced, with red cherry, cranberry and baking spice flavors. This wine is refined, subtle and nuanced."

My review: Another Lidl purchase to start off this week's tastings. This extremely light wine has really subtle aromas and flavors of cherries, dried fruit, and cinnamon, with a touch of smokiness. And that's probably being generous. I don't get the hype behind Pinot Noir - the ones I've tried resemble acidic water more than wine. This one was just too light for me. But to be fair, it was also $6.99. I wouldn't buy this again.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment