Sunday, March 10, 2019

Tasting - Crane Lake

Name: Crane Lake Sangiovese
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2015
Price: $10

Shop review:  "Medium-garnet color; blackberry, plum and vanilla aromas; raspberry and cherry flavors; with supple tannins for a soft finish.  This wine pairs well with fresh mozzarella and Brie cheeses. Also try it along with veal piccata, chicken parmesan or meat lasagna."

My review: I enjoyed smelling this wine more than tasting it... so basically it's the candle of wines. Spicy, woodsy, and fruity aromas, including notes of pepper and black cherry. An extremely light mouthfeel accompanied by faint fruit flavors on the palate. Like what I'd imagine flat sparkling water tastes like. I personally wouldn't recommend.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment